Decorating your home in a way that feels comfortable, exudes style, and reflects your personality is important. After all, home is where most of life’s most important moments take place, both big and small. If it’s been a while since you’ve invested in new home decor but don’t have much room in your budget to do an overhaul in all-new furniture, don’t fret. Redesigning your home can be simple, fast, and affordable with a little guidance. Check out these practical tips from the design team at Sam Levitz Furniture to make your home feel brand new without breaking the bank.
Upgrade Window Treatments
The way you choose to decorate the windows in your home can have a tremendous impact on how the space looks and feels. Because of this, replacing outdated or boring window treatments with stylish, contemporary ones can elevate even the smallest rooms in your home in an instant. When it’s time to upgrade your window treatments, be sure to keep these tips in mind:
- Consider the needs of the space. The windows in your kitchen area will probably benefit from something practical and easy to clean, such as wooden blinds, whereas your bedroom’s window treatments should be dreamy while prioritizing privacy, such as airy curtains paired with blackout shades.
- If the room is small or dark, let as much natural light as possible into the space by choosing light window treatments that won’t block out too much valuable sunshine.
- Measure twice before investing in curtain rods or long curtains to save yourself from having to return pieces that don’t fit your window appropriately.
Swap out Hardware
When it comes to giving your kitchen or bathroom an affordable facelift, focus on the small details that can make a bold statement. While you may want to replace drab cabinetry, doing so can be pricey and time-consuming. Fortunately, you can make the drawers and cabinets in your kitchen and bathrooms by swapping out their hardware. Whether you choose something modern and clean, such as brass knobs, or a colorful finish to add an unexpected pop, new hardware is a great option to give your home a fresh vibe without being overtly expensive. While you’re at it, changing out standard light fixtures in your home with modern ones that suit your home’s unique style is just one of the many simple ways to enhance nearly any room in your home quickly and affordably.
Freshen Up with Paint
If you’re tired of the same old look of the living spaces in your home, perhaps it’s time to freshen up with a new coat of paint. Before you break out the bucket and paint brushes, however, it’s best to be strategic and layout a detailed plan. Here are some helpful questions to ask yourself to ensure that you get the most out of your paint job.
- Are you looking to paint an accent wall or the entire room? While painting the whole room can certainly change the atmosphere, choosing a bright, unexpected, or bold color on one wall is a great way to create a focal point in the space, all while saving some cash in the process.
- What style are you hoping to embody? It’s important to define the space’s style and particular needs before selecting its new paint color. For instance, it’s best to avoid putting a stimulating color, such as orange, in a place where you plan on relaxing and sleeping like your bedroom.
- How big is the room? If the space is tiny or feels closed in, it’s wise to choose a light color that will make it feel spacious and open.
Create a Gallery Wall
What you hang on your walls matters. Displaying artwork, photographs, decor, and knick-knacks in a thoughtful manner can make your home feel interesting and sophisticated without spending much money. If you don’t know where to begin in terms of revamping your home’s decor on a budget, try creating a gallery wall. Here’s how:
- Select the right location. Some wonderful places that lend well for inspiring gallery walls include up the staircase, above your sofa, or behind your bed.
- Be creative. There’s no right or wrong way to curate a gallery wall. Choose pieces that are meaningful to you, then go for it.
- Create cohesion by incorporating the same accent color throughout the wall or displaying photos in identical frames.
- Measure the wall to ensure that the items you’re interested in hanging will fit well on the available space.
Incorporate New Accessories
Sometimes making a space in your home feel completely different is as simple as bringing in a few new accessories. Rather than replacing an entire living room or bedroom set, consider how you can breathe new life into your old furniture with contemporary pieces that would complement your existing home decor. If accessorizing around your current home decorations seems difficult, it doesn’t have to be. Check out these easy tips to elevate the living spaces in your home like a pro.
- Invest in new throw pillows that will add a pop of color, pattern, or texture to an otherwise neutral room. To make it your own, choose pillows that work well together but don’t match perfectly.
- Add a playful area rug to make a bold statement while tying the whole room together.
- Choose one or two accent colors to sprinkle throughout the space on everything from curtain panels and throw blankets to table lamps and artwork. The result will feel thoughtful, stylish, and refreshing.
Redesigning a home that you’re proud to call your own doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive. By investing in the right window treatments, slapping a fresh coat of paint on the walls, displaying an eclectic gallery wall, and mixing things up with modern accessories, you’ll be well on your way to creating gorgeous and functional spaces that can easily fit into your home design budget. For more tips on revamping your home and everything you need to do so affordably, contact us or visit our showroom in Tucson today!