This week, we’re providing ideas on how to refresh an outdated brick patio, repair chipped painted cupboards and eliminate shelf liner adhesive.
New Life for an Previous Patio
Nancy Kelly installed a brick paver patio outdoors her Pennsylvania household over 20 a long time back. Currently, constant weeds have turned it into just a glorified walkway. How can she provide this patio back to its glory times?
1st, kill the weeds in between the pavers. There are lots of means to get rid of them:
- Chemical weed regulate: Herbicides kill weeds quick, but they are powerful and can be hazardous to your wellness if you’re not careful. When implementing herbicide, have on a long-sleeved shirt, extensive trousers, boots, rubber gloves and protective eyewear to prevent any get hold of with your skin or eyes.
- Boiling drinking water: Pour boiling h2o specifically on the weeds to kill them promptly.
- Iodized salt: Spreading iodized salt on the gravel will destroy weeds, but it will sterilize the floor for several years to arrive, so use it sparingly.
- Gardening vinegar: Spray weeds with gardening vinegar. Mainly because it’s 30 % additional concentrated than normal home and cooking vinegar, it will wilt the weeds.
The moment the weeds are useless, obvious them out from in among the bricks and pack in some polymeric sand. Substantially like putting mulch in a flowerbed, the polymeric sand will block the weeds from sprouting up among the bricks.
Sweep the sand into the cracks and mist it. As soon as you mist it, the polymeric sand will bind jointly to kind a weed-protective barrier.
After the polymeric sand has set, utilize a sealer around the complete patio. This will bring out the shade and character of the bricks. Place at the very least two coats on and allow it dry for 24 several hours.
Skip to [11:08] for the entire section on the Today’s House owner Radio Show.
Correcting Chipped Paint on Kitchen Cabinets
Chris Hartsfield in Texas refaced and spray-painted his kitchen area cabinets a few several years in the past, but now, some of the paint has chipped off. What’s the ideal way to correct this?
With repeated and repetitive use, a fingernail or ring can conveniently chip some paint off a cupboard door.
It’s complicated to match a sprayed finish utilizing a paintbrush. Check out sanding the chipped region with a fantastic 220-grit sandpaper, then paint it.
The chip won’t be blended wholly into the relaxation of the cabinet, but it will not be as recognizable.
For a seamless repair, you are going to need to speak to the experienced who refaced the cupboards.
Skip to [59:15] for the comprehensive segment on the Today’s Home owner Radio Clearly show.
Fixing a Sticky Problem
Heidi in Georgia moved into a home much less than a year in the past, and just about every kitchen and rest room cabinet experienced white spongy shelf liners. She’s removed the aged liners from the painted shelves, but the surfaces are nonetheless sticky. She’s pondering if she must just repaint the cabinets.
In purchase to repaint the cabinets, you have to take away the old adhesive or the paint won’t stick.
These goods will get rid of the adhere:
Just after you’ve taken out the old adhesive, think about laying down washable shelf liners.
Skip to [1:10:25] for the complete phase on the Today’s Home-owner Radio Exhibit.
In the Aisles of The Property Depot
Father’s Day is just all-around the corner, so now’s the time to begin contemplating about the excellent present. From clever house to resources to grilling, The Property Depot has a wide range of products you require to make this Father’s Working day the most effective 1 however.
- Equipment: Equipment up father for his upcoming property task by gifting him the applications he desires to get the job carried out. Assist Father update his electrical power instrument match or begin from scratch with something simple.
- Wise Home: Whether dad is dabbling in some new tech tools to enhance his property or is a smart dwelling professional, The Household Depot has products to meet up with his wants.
- Grilling: Whether or not your father is a grilling apprentice or an absolute pro, The Property Depot delivers the newest in all-things-grilling — from the grill itself to crucial extras.
- Do it yourself Assignments: For the additional fingers-on father, The Home Depot has a wide selection of tasks that are excellent to finish jointly this Father’s Day.
Skip to [1:06:51] for the entire section on the Today’s Home-owner Radio Exhibit.
Also on this episode:
- Preserving a Stress-Handled Wood Deck
- How to Retain Concrete from Perspiring
- Screening in a One Patio Door
- Receiving Rid of Mold on Decks
- Working with Mold All-around Caulking
- Waterproofing a Drop
|Samsung’s new Clever Washer learns your laundry program and washes dresses faster than at any time! Find out more>>|
Other Merchandise and Inbound links Outlined
Additional Reading through
Radio Display: Send us your problem!
If you have a comment, standard concern about home advancement, or anything we have featured on Today’s Property owner, be sure to fill in this kind: